3 Ways for Small Businesses to Use Content Marketing & SEO Strategies to Drive Organic Website Traffic
Content marketing is a great way for small businesses to reach their target audience. If you own or manage a small business, you can use content marketing strategies, such as blogging and content distribution, to build an organic following of customers who will eventually become leads.
In this article, we'll discuss 3 ways that content marketing and SEO strategies can help your small business increase traffic to its website.
What is content marketing?
Content marketing is defined as "a strategy that generates content to promote or sell a product, service or idea." Content marketers use content creation and distribution techniques such as blogging in order to build an organic following of customers who will eventually become leads.
How does SEO affect content marketing?
SEO content marketing is a strategy that includes using search engine optimization techniques, such as keyword research and content creation, to help businesses rank higher in organic searches.
What are the benefits of doing content marketing for your small business?
Using content marketing can help small businesses do one (or more) of the following:
- Increase traffic to your website.
- Generate leads for your business.
- Build trust with customers.
3 ways that small businesses can use content marketing and SEO strategies to increase traffic to their website:
- You can create articles related to your niche. This helps you to stand out as an authority in your industry. It shows prospective customers or clients that you are knowledgeable in your field.
- You can promote your website's content on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This helps you reach a wider audience of people who might be interested in reading the content and sharing it online.
- Using SEO (search engine optimization) strategies can help your content organically drive more traffic to your website. The purpose of using SEO strategies is to make content that is easy to find on search engines like Google. One example of an SEO strategy is to use a keyword that you want to rank for in the title of your post. For example, if you are promoting a skincare brand that helps fight acne, a blog post title you can create could say "5 Tips on How To Get Rid of Acne Faster". This type of title not only tells readers what the content is about, but it's also SEO-friendly as it contains a keyword or phrase that your ideal customers could be searching online for.
In conclusion, content marketing and SEO can help your small business by driving organic traffic to your website. The more engaged traffic that you get on your website, the higher your website naturally will rank in search results. This is one of the smartest (and free) ways to increase brand awareness and reach potential customers or clients who are searching for the types of products or services you offer.
To learn more, sign-up for the free Inspiring Brands Academy® e-newsletter. Get access to expert tips, inspiring ideas, and success strategies to help you grow.
To elevate your brand online, book a private coaching session and/or enroll in Inspiring Brands Academy's online courses to learn digital branding, marketing, advertising, and publicity strategies. Discover faster and easier ways to reach your ideal customers and clients, elevate your brand, and save time, money, and energy.