Top 10 Ways to Use Online Marketing Strategies
Online marketing is a powerful tool that can help you generate more traffic to your website and increase revenue. It's important to understand the different strategies online marketers use so that you know how best to utilize them for your business. In this article, we will go over the top 10 ways to use online marketing strategies to more easily elevate and grow your brand online.
What is online marketing?
Whether you run a brick-and-mortar business (like a beauty salon, a retail store, or a restaurant), you have an online company (such as an e-commerce shop), or you're a service provider (like a fitness instructor, fashion stylist, or wellness coach), online marketing can radically help you grow your business.
Why? Because online marketing is the process of increasing your visibility and building trust with potential customers across social media channels, search engines (like Google), email campaigns, blogs, content creation, and more.
Here are 10 ways to use online marketing strategies:
- Create social media profiles (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.) and maintain them regularly with fresh content that relates to your business model or industry.
- Research keywords in the market related to your company's services or products, then incorporate those into website content that drives traffic to your site.
- Think about your brand identity and figure out unique and creative ways to express that online. Use visual imagery and content to stand out from competitors. This is where having high-quality brand photography can truly set you apart from other companies in your niche.
- Create online communities where you can share content that is relevant to your industry. As an example, a Facebook Group is a helpful way to reach potential clients and customers that are interested in your products or services. It's also helpful to stay in touch with them regularly, which keeps your brand top of mind.
- Build and optimize content for search engines by including keywords. This is part of your content marketing strategy, as it helps your company more easily attract the types of customers who are searching for what you offer.
- Create a blog where you post content that is relevant to your company, industry, and target audience. This type of online marketing strategy can help increase organic (unpaid) traffic to your site, which can lower your marketing costs substantially.
- Implement social media strategies that are consistent with the personality of your digital brand identity. Social media marketing platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest offer great opportunities to target your ideal customers or clients.
- Utilize online marketing strategies to establish your company as a leader in your industry. For example, you can speak at conferences and write guest blog posts for other websites that cover topics related to what you do.
- Use email marketing or social media platforms such as Facebook Messenger to create automated campaigns designed around specific customer segments.
- Last, but certainly not least, create an email newsletter to stay in touch with your online audience, while attracting new potential customers or clients.
To learn more, sign-up for the free Inspiring Brands Academy® e-newsletter. Get access to expert tips, inspiring ideas, and success strategies to help you grow.
To elevate your brand online, book a private coaching session and/or enroll in Inspiring Brands Academy's online courses to learn digital branding, marketing, advertising, and publicity strategies. Discover faster and easier ways to reach your ideal customers and clients, elevate your brand, and save time, money, and energy.