5 Steps to Increase Brand Awareness with Pinterest Marketing
Do you need an effective online marketing tool that is also fun and easy to use? Pinterest might be the answer! With over 200 million active users, it's no wonder why many small businesses are turning to Pinterest as a way to increase brand awareness. In this article, we'll talk about 5 steps for how small businesses can incorporate Pinterest into their online marketing strategy.
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a social media platform that allows users to upload and share images with their followers. Users can "pin" images by searching for them on the web, taking screenshots of online content, or uploading photos from your computer. These pins are then shared in user's pinboards where other Pinterest members can follow boards, repin images to their own boards, and leave comments on pinned images.
In addition to being used by individuals, many brands and businesses are leveraging the power of Pinterest to increase brand awareness for their companies.
Why is Pinterest marketing helpful for small businesses?
Pinterest marketing can be an effective way for small businesses to reach new customers and increase brand awareness. There are many advantages for small business owners who want to use Pinterest as part of their online marketing strategy:
- It's a visual platform--users share images in the form of "pins" which may make it easier to engage with followers than other social media platforms.
- It also enables small businesses a wide variety of tools, including analytics (so they can evaluate which content is getting the most engagement).
- There are also tools for scheduling pins and setting up boards that function as digital sales racks. This means you can "batch" your content, which saves you time and energy while doing Pinterest marketing.
As an example, my lifestyle blog for women (Inspirations & Celebrations) gets over 70% of its organic website traffic from Pinterest. That means every month my blog gets thousands and thousands of new visitors without me having to hustle hard for this valuable traffic. Considering how impactful that is on my site's overall reach, it makes it one of the smartest ways to more easily drive traffic, turn leads into subscribers or customers, and create a sustainable business online.
Here are 5 steps for how small businesses can incorporate Pinterest into their online marketing strategy.
- Create a business account and set up boards. This is the first step to any Pinterest marketing strategy because it enables you to enter more information about your company, such as its mission statement or the products that are available for purchase.
- Optimize your brand's bio and boards with relevant keywords. Think about the types of keywords that your ideal customer avatar will be searching for.
- Include links to your website and blog in the description of pins.
- As you pin images (that link back to your website), create eye-catching images or graphics that will capture people's attention. Vertical images tend to perform better than horizontal formatted images. So, keep this in mind when creating content.
- Last but not least, promote your Pinterest profile. Be active on the site and follow other people that are similar to your target demographic.
As you can see, Pinterest marketing is one of the most effective ways to increase brand awareness for your company. Whether you're selling products or services, Pinterest is a great online marketing tool that can help you reach your target audience, drive more traffic to your website, and generate more sales.
To learn more, sign-up for the free Inspiring Brands Academy® e-newsletter. Get access to expert tips, inspiring ideas, and success strategies to help you grow.
To elevate your brand online, book a private coaching session and/or enroll in Inspiring Brands Academy's online courses to learn digital branding, marketing, advertising, and publicity strategies. Discover faster and easier ways to reach your ideal customers and clients, elevate your brand, and save time, money, and energy.